Monday 21 July 2014

Why I Have Not Been Active In Music—Munachi Abii



Click for Full Image Size Female rapper and songwriter, Munachi Abii, has revealed the reason behind her absence in the booming entertainment industry in Nigeria. She disclosed that she went on sabbatical to work on herself and also to identify with those that love and hate her.

According to her, artistes should not regularly release songs, but sometimes take a break in order not to lose track so as to remain relevant in the industry.

“I just decided to take a break. It’s not every time you have to release songs, you have to take time out in between. If you continue doing songs all the time, before you know it, you will crash and it is happening to a lot of people right now without them even knowing it.

“So I had to take some time away to study people, the environment, and the music industry to know those that love and hate me. So that’s what I did. I took a step back and it wasn’t too long and I also used the time to work on my tracks and work on myself as well. So that is why I decided to keep quiet,” she explained in a recent interview.

The one time Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) also added that her ability to have remained relevant in the industry was because of her team and fans, who have been supportive. Muna, as the rapper is fondly called, also stated that if not for her team and fans, she would not have been where she is today.

“I also love my team, they have been hard-working and we have been making it and I love working with people that are hungry because I am hungry as well,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment