Wednesday 2 July 2014

Why I Have Not Been Active In Nollywood—Genevieve Speaks




Click for Full Image Size Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji, has explained that her long absence in movie industry is as a result of poorly written scripts which she feels are not worthy for a professional character.

According to the screen diva, Nollywood was initially known for quantity, but with the trend of things in the make-belief world today, quality needs to be the watchword of every producer.

Being an advocate of change, the actress stressed that she cannot take part in any movie that does not have quality and great professionalism in telling the stories in a convincing manner.

“I am among the people who advocate for the improvement of the industry. So said, I am constantly watching out for the kind of stories I take part in. I am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity,” Genevieve said.

Having featured in top class movies like ‘Ije’, ‘Mirror Boy,’ and ‘Tango With Me’, the actress noted that she can never imagine herself taking in any weak films.

“Having practiced my art in international and professionally produced stories like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror Boy;’ and ‘Tango With Me’, I don’t think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterised Nollywood in the past,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment