Tuesday 8 July 2014

What I Do To Remain Popular—Rita Dominic Reveals





Click for Full Image Size Nollywood is more or less like Hollywood to many countries in the African continent, and this fast rising Nigerian film industry is seen as the trailblazer. Movie stars from Nigeria are honoured and celebrated whenever they step into any African country.

For Nollywood star, Rita Dominic, the Nigerian movie industry is big because of the simple way stories are told in films.

She made this revelation while in Mauritius, where she went recently along with other movie stars like Majid Michel and Chinedu Ikedieze, better known as Aki.

According to her, “why Nollywood became big is because we tell very simple stories. Stories that anyone in the world can relate with and I think that has given us that name and recognition.”

Rita also stated that she does not get used to people admiring her work as an actress, stating that she takes every compliment as it comes and ensures that she does better jobs because, according to her, it helps in artiste’s popularity.

“I don’t get used to people telling me they are my big fans. As they always say, you are as good as your last job and you might do a job that the public may not like, and your popularity starts going down (at that moment). I just take every day as I see it. So, I never get used to anything. What I do is to get better as an actor and try to improve on my talent,” she explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment